At Cat Haven we're always on the lookout for cat-loving people to work in a variety of positions where cat welfare and customer satisfaction are paramount. Please see below for any vacant positions.
We also advertise many of our positions on seek.com.au so please keep an eye on that employment site, plus we often employ from our volunteer pool. If you would like to gain experience in animal welfare or animal handling, a good option is to apply for a volunteer role at Cat Haven. Please email Click here to email if you are interested.
Cat Haven – Cat Welfare Officer
Every Cat Matters.
For over 50 years Cat Haven has been an integral part of our local community. Within this time hundreds of staff and volunteers have been committed to rescuing, rehoming and raising awareness for cats all over WA.
How can you help?
Cat Haven is currently searching for a dedicated, enthusiastic Cat Welfare Officer to join our team! Working as part of our Grounds team, your main responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the health and wellbeing of up to 200 cats living in our shelter, including feeding cats, cleaning enclosures and keeping paperwork up to date
• Conducting health and behavioural checks of cats and kittens
• Customer service and sales, including conducting adoptions of cats and kittens, and upselling food and accessories in our retail store
• Following procedures to ensure a high standard of hygiene is adhered to at all times
• Determining the suitability of cats and kittens for rehoming
• Assisting with euthanasia
This role will see the successful Candidate play an important role in all aspects of the shelter – if you like a busy, demanding, active role that is also rewarding then this could be for you!
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
• Previous experience working with animals, qualifications within animal husbandry or previous experience working in a shelter
• Previous experience within customer service or sales roles
• Emotionally resilient, with the ability to remain calm in stressful and emotional situations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to work as part of a team in a busy, demanding environment
• Be physically fit with the ability to lift and move up to 10kgs on a regular basis
The role is offered on a casual basis for approximately 30 hours per week, with shifts including weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
Cat Haven is an open admission shelter. To find out more about Cat Haven and what we do, please visit www.cathaven.com.au
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close Thursday 31st May, 2018.