At Cat Haven we're always on the lookout for cat-loving people to work in a variety of positions where cat welfare and customer satisfaction are paramount. Please see below for any vacant positions.
We also advertise many of our positions on seek.com.au so please keep an eye on that employment site, plus we often employ from our volunteer pool. If you would like to gain experience in animal welfare or animal handling, a good option is to apply for a volunteer role at Cat Haven. Please email Click here to email if you are interested.
Vet Service Manager
A rare opportunity for an experienced Vet Nurse is available now! Take on a challenging management role and make a difference within Animal Welfare.
Every Cat Matters
For over 50 years Cat Haven has been an integral part of our local community. Within this time hundreds of staff and volunteers have been committed to rescuing, rehoming and raising awareness for cats all over WA.
The Cat Haven Vet Service provides veterinary services to the cats and kittens received by Cat Haven including:
• General health checks and screening at the time of surrender and in the duration of their time with us, including diagnosing and treating illnesses and injuries;
• Sterilisation and other surgical procedures;
• Microchipping, vaccination and other treatments; and
• Consultations with new owners and carers
The Vet Service at times also provides services to members of the community. It is a very busy clinic, with our dedicated staff maintaining a keen interest in shelter medicine.
How can you help?
Cat Haven is currently searching for a passionate, motivated Vet Service Manager to join our team. The Vet Service Manager is responsible for the overall function and performance of the Cat Haven Vet Service. Your main responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring high standards of clinical practice, hygiene and customer service are upheld at all times;
• Designing and implementing protocols for stock control, ordering, client communication and dealing with customer complaints;
• Staff management including recruitment, creating rosters, and coordinating the ongoing training and development of staff
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships within Cat Haven and with external stakeholders
• Ensuring the development and continual improvement of processes and procedures to ensure the Service is running as efficiently and cost effectively as possible
• Acting as the Veterinary Nurse for both surgery and consult shifts as required
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
• Formal qualifications within Veterinary Nursing, including a current registration with the Veterinary Surgeons Board
• Previous experience managing a veterinary practice, including staff management
• Current knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements relevant to veterinary services in WA
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Analytical, process review and problem solving skills
The successful applicant will be required to work 38 hours per week, and may be required to work on a weekend.
If you would like to use your existing Veterinary Nursing and Management skills to make a real difference in the community, apply now! The role is offered on a contract basis for an initial period of 12 months.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 2nd June, 2017