At Cat Haven we're always on the lookout for cat-loving people to work in a variety of positions where cat welfare and customer satisfaction are paramount. Please see below for any vacant positions.
We also advertise many of our positions on seek.com.au so please keep an eye on that employment site, plus we often employ from our volunteer pool. If you would like to gain experience in animal welfare or animal handling, a good option is to apply for a volunteer role at Cat Haven. Please email Click here to email if you are interested.
Accounts Manager – Cat Haven
Are you looking for your next challenge? Help Cat Haven thrive in these demanding economic times! Animal welfare Industry, 12 month contract, Shenton Park location
Every Cat Matters
For over 50 years Cat Haven has been an integral part of our local community. Within this time hundreds of staff and volunteers have been committed to rescuing, rehoming and raising awareness for cats all over WA.
How can you help?
Cat Haven is currently going through an exciting period of growth. In 2016, we re-homed over 5000 cats - more cats than we ever have re-homed before! While this is a huge achievement for Cat Haven, it also means that we have to adapt to keep up with the demand for our services. To assist us with this, we are currently searching for a motivated, dedicated Accounts Manager to join our team on a 12 month contract!
Reporting to the CEO, and with the support of an Accounts Officer, your main responsibilities will include:
• Processing a fortnightly payroll for 50 staff using MYOB
• Accounts Payable & Receivable
• Account and Bank reconciliations
• Administration of taxation matters, audits, preparation of financial and management reports, and statutory returns (e.g. BAS, payment summaries and annual financial statements)
• Providing figures, reports and advice to Managers, the CEO and Board of Management on a regular basis
• Assisting with the formulation and monitoring of organisational and departmental budgets
• Ad-hoc administrative and financial accounts duties as directed by the CEO
This position will play an integral role in shaping the future of Cat Haven! To be successful in this role, you will require the following:
• Tertiary qualifications within Accounting
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Strong computer literacy, including the use of MYOB and MS Office
• A high level of attention to detail, with the ability to problem solve
• An interest in animal welfare and working in the not for profit Industry is highly desirable
If you would like to assist Cat Haven continue to be the premier shelter for cats in WA, apply now! The role is initially offered on a 12 month contract with the possibility of extension. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also like to surprise us in your cover-letter with a few handy skills we never knew you had!
Applications close Friday 29th September, 2017. Please note that we reserve the right to conclude recruitment of this role prior to the closing date.
We will not be accepting applications from labour hire and recruitment agencies at this point in time. This is inclusive of using the contact details above to initiate unsolicited communication via emails or otherwise to sell recruitment-based products or market your agency.