Volunteers are an essential part of the team here at Cat Haven. Volunteering is a great way to learn about cats and their behaviours, while meeting like-minded people and giving back to the community! We have a variety of ways that you can help, either on or off-site:
Onsite - Utilities & Grounds
- Trays, cat kitchen & laundry duties
- Groundskeeping, maintenance & gardening
- Kennel Hand duties
- Assisting in boarding or the vet clinic
Onsite - Administration
- Reception, including answering the phone and taking messages
- Data entry & filing
Offsite - Fundraising & Events Volunteers
- Assist with fundraising events throughout the year, including quiz nights, street appeals and gift wrapping every weekend at Karrinyup
- Selling chocolates to raise funds for Cat Haven
- Cat pick up & drop off (requires own vehicle and current drivers license)
- Letter box drops - assist with handing out flyers in your neighbourhood to locate lost and found cats
Please note: We ask all volunteers working on-site to commit to a minimum of three months volunteering with us, comprising one, three hour shift per week. Volunteers who wish to work in our boarding area must complete a minimum of four weeks work within our utilities areas first.
Would You Like to Join Our Team? Are You:
- 18 years old or over?
- Available three hours per week, for a minimum of three months?
- Happy to do physical work?
- Happy to work as part of a team
- Able to get a police clearance at a cost of $14.70 if you don't already have one?
If so then we want to hear from you! Download our Volunteers Brochure here. To apply or find out more, Click here to email our Volunteer Coordinator.