Want to adopt me?To meet me in foster care please contact our foster care department on:
Phone:(08) 9442 3600
The foster carer will then be in touch to discuss this further and arrange a meeting. If after leaving your details you have not heard from anyone after 48 hours, please let us know. Once you’ve decided to give a foster cat or kitten a furrever home you’ll need to come to Cat Haven in person to complete the adoption paperwork before taking them home. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Pursonality TraitsI'm a lovely looking fella who was brought in by a kind rural bloke who couldn't stand to see me living my life cold and hungry and homeless. I've not been around people much so I'll take some time to settle in when I get adopted (maybe a couple of months!) but if you play with me and feed me I'm sure to become your favourite feline in no time! Do you have a quiet, patient home for me?
I've been in a foster home in Halls Head for a few months. Here is an update from my carer: Patrat came to me as a hissy/scratchy cat, who hid from the world. He stayed in the wardrobe all day only to come out in the middle of the night and eat. Gradually over the last few months, he has turned many corners and this is where he is at now.
- He has been and still is confined to my bedroom & ensuite - (Patrat's choice). I have placed a child gate on my bedroom so he can see out, but he is not interested in venturing further
- He loves toys, especially plastic balls with bells in them, more the merrier!
- He eats in a morning, wet food and dry food, and watches me when I place it down. I top up dry food when I get home from work. He has not yet eaten in front of me
- He lays on my bed during the day or hides in the wardrobe
- He sleeps next to my bed on the windowsill or on the floor next to my bed or sitting on my bedside table
- In a morning he wakes me up with nudging my hand and for the last 3 mornings has allowed me to stroke him and he seems to really enjoys being stroked
- When playfighting with me in a morning or in the middle of the night ! :-), he has sharp teeth and sharp claws, he doesn't mean to hurt.
- Sometimes he doesn't seem to recognise me and runs away and does the aeroplane ears
- Not attempted to pick him up as he would just bolt
- Still hisses at me on occasion when I open my wardrobe to get something out and it startles him
- He is such a beautiful cat, and has so much potential
- He is used to a very quiet house, but is used to a dog being around but not in his room
- He keeps his distance and interacts on his terms only.