Customer Service Officer
Cat Haven is WA’s premier cat welfare Organisation. We are an open admission shelter that has been in operation since 1961, taking in over 6000 cats and kittens each year. Operating under the Getting to Zero model, our aim to is rescue and rehome as many cats as possible.
Cat Haven is currently searching for a motivated, personable Customer Service Officer to join our team! Our Customer Service Officers are the face of our organisation who are responsible for the following:
- Customer service - Answering the phone and greeting visitors to the shelter, assisting with enquiries including making bookings, providing adoption information, surrendering cats, feeding guidelines, cat behaviour and dealing with stray cats/kittens
- Sales - Upselling retail items, suggesting complimentary items and stock management
- Processing cat/kitten surrenders and adoptions - ensuring the correct paperwork is filled out, sighting identification, cash handling and answering any questions the customer may have
- Assisting with feeding cats, cleaning enclosures and completing paperwork within our Boarding department
- Our Retail team is directly responsible for educating customers on the need to donate and pay fees, which are vital for Cat Haven's continued survival
This challenging but rewarding role will suit someone who is passionate about animal welfare, enjoys interacting with people and working as part of a like-minded, supportive team! To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- At least two years’ experience within a retail or sales role
- Previous experience working with animals, qualifications within animal husbandry or working in a shelter is advantageous
- Emotionally resilient, with the ability to empathise with people and remain calm in a busy, demanding environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Physically fit with the ability to lift up to 10kgs on a regular basis
- Computer literate with experience using MS Office
- The ability to work as part of a team
This role is offered on a casual basis for approximately 25 hours per week with shifts including weekdays, weekends and public holidays. Your availability must include a Friday. Cat Haven offers bespoke cat handling training, and of course kitten cuddles are included!
Does this sound like you? To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 21st June, 2021.
We love cats!
Cat Haven is WA’s premier cat welfare Organisation. We are an open admission shelter that has been in operation since 1961, taking in over 8000 cats and kittens each year. Operating under the Getting to Zero model, our aim is to rescue and rehome as many cats as possible. Cat Haven celebrates its 60th anniversary this year!
We are currently searching for a motivated, passionate Marketing Coordinator to join our team! Working 30 hours per week, your main responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies to promote the services, campaigns and activities across Cat Haven
- Develop and coordinate Cat Haven’s social media strategy and online presence, including website maintenance, campaign activities and the development of evaluation tools to devise strategies for increased engagement
- Being responsible for the consistency of branding across the organisation
- Act as a representative of Cat Haven as required, including attending events, presentations, radio and television interviews
As a not-for-profit organisation that receives very little government funding, this role is crucial to the success and sustainability of our shelter – if you want to make a difference to the lives of cats in WA, this could be for you!
To be successful in this position, you will possess the following:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a marketing or related position
- Proven experience creating and managing content across a range of social media platforms and online fundraising tools, including experience in implementing targeted interactive online communications
- The ability to think strategically and formulate formal long-term and short-term plans to maximise the success of Cat Haven’s fundraising and business development activities through marketing strategies
- Strong computer literacy, including word processing, database management, image manipulation and e-newsletter publishing and graphic design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write promotional copy across all mediums and audiences delivering strong key messages
This role is on offer for 30 hours per week on an initial twelve month contract, with flexible days and working hours. Some out of hours or weekend work may occasionally be required. Kitten cuddles are also included!
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com before Thursday 10th June, 2021.
Registered Veterinary Nurse
Cat Haven is a busy, open admission shelter that has been in operation since 1961, taking in over 8000 cats and kittens each year. Operating under the Getting to Zero model, we are proud of being able to save more than 90% of the cats that need our help each year and are constantly striving to do more.
With the opportunity to increase the size of our team to meet demand, we are seeking a passionate, friendly veterinary nurse to join our fun, passionate team! With a new setup, a new manager and a brand new way of working, we’re so excited about the evolution of how many lives we can save. We perform surgeries and medical investigations to the same level, if not more so, than many other clinics. We treat a vast majority of cats, and those which we can’t save are decided based on veterinary and behavioural advice rather than cost constraints.
Nurses at Cat Haven have a fast-paced role supporting surgery, consults and hospital patients. You are also supported by experienced vets, Vet Assistants, Cat Welfare Officers and volunteers. We’re a small but busy clinic where no two days are the same and you’ll never get bored. Shelter nursing is infinitely rewarding, and you’ll get to finish your week knowing you genuinely saved lives and made a difference to the welfare of 8000+ cats a year.
- Cert IV in veterinary nursing or equivalent with at least six months paid experience
- Friendly, positive approach
- Enjoys a fast pace and the challenge of adapting throughout the day
- Genuine passion for cats and their welfare, including low stress management and handling
- Experience in a shelter or high volume environment would be ideal
- Further knowledge or skills in behaviour or low stress handling would be an advantage
We’re looking for a casual or part-time team member, and also have a Team Leader position available. To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will close when preferred candidates are selected, so don’t delay in submitting your application!