Cat Haven is WA’s premier cat welfare Organisation. We are an open admission shelter that has been in operation since 1961, taking in over 8000 cats and kittens each year. Operating under the Getting to Zero model, our aim is to rescue and rehome as many cats as possible.
Cat Haven's foster program is directly responsible for saving the lives of thousands of cats and kittens. Foster carers voluntarily look after cats in their own homes until they are adopted, often taking on cats that needs special care, for medical or behavioural reasons. Our foster carers are literally life savers!
Cat Haven is currently searching for a Foster Manager to join our team! Reporting to the CEO, your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing a small team of staff and volunteers including day to day support, recruitment of foster carers, rostering, training and performance management
- Working with other departments within Cat Haven to ensure that cats and kittens are sent to foster and returned for adoption (if required) in a timely manner
- Management of foster cats within their foster homes, including dealing with escalated complaints and requests
- Assisting with the creation of, and managing budgets for the foster department
- Assisting with the overall improvement of processes and efficiencies of both the foster team, and Cat Haven as a whole
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Proven experience managing a team, working to KPI’s and budgets
- Previous experience working with animals, ideally within a shelter environment
- The ability to problem solve in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy, including the use of MS Office and previous database experience
- Physically fit with the ability to lift up to 10kg on a regular basis
Being a part of the foster team is a truly rewarding experience – be directly responsible for the amazing transformations these cats undergo when they settle into their foster homes! Cat Haven also offers bespoke training in regards to cat handling, and of course kitten cuddles are included!
Cat Haven is a seven day trading operation. This role is offered on a twelve month contract for 38 hours per week.
Cat Haven is an open admission shelter. To find out more about Cat Haven and what we do, please visit www.cathaven.com.au.
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Tuesday 10th February, 2021.