Cats Available for Adoption - Foster Only
Cat Haven Foster Adoption Process
Before viewing the cats and kittens in the shelter please read about what you need to bring with you when you come to view a cat - see How to Adopt a Cat section.
Step 1 – Browse Cats Online
- Browse the cats available in foster homes from this page.
- If required filter by Sex, or Age.
- Click on Cat for more details.
Step 2 – Create an Adopets Account
- Once you have found a cat that you would like to meet, click the Adopt me button on the cat detail page. Please note: Clicking Adopt Me does not place a “hold” on the cat, or guarantee an adoption, but is a request to meet the cat with a view to possibly adopting.
- If you have not created an Adopet account before click Sign Up. This will begin the process of creating an Adopets account, which will speed up the process of completing your adoption paperwork work when you visit us. Enter the details requested.
- If you have an existing Adopet account log in.
Step 3 - Visit the Cat
- After clicking on Adopt Me and completing the steps above, the Foster Carer will contact you to make an appointment for you to view the cat or have a video conference.
- Visit the cat and show the Foster Parent your photo id..
Step 4 - Complete the Adoption
- If you’ve found a purrfect match, let the Foster Parent know that you would like to adopt, they will walk you through the process of accepting the Adoption contract.
- You will receive a text message asking you to pay the Adoption Fees online, then you will you receive all relevant information by email. This includes:
- Vaccination Details
- Sterilisation Certificate
- Microchip Information
- You must register your cat with your local authority (Council) as soon as possible.
- Cat Haven will register your cat’s microchip details and your personal details with the relevant microchip authorities.
- Your cat is entitled to two weeks free veterinary consultations at the Cat Haven clinic, for any illness that may be present at the time of adoption but was not showing at that time. This will not cover any diet related illness (such as diarrhoea) if you do not purchase a bag of the relevant Hill’s food on the day of adoption. This can be purchased online or from our retail store at Cat Haven, 23 Lemnos St, Shenton Park.
- Adoption fees include spay/neuter, vaccinations, and microchip.
- When Cat Haven Finalises the Adoption, after you have picked up the cat, you will receive an email with your Adoption Agreement, any Waivers/Indemnities on the cat, the Desex Certificate, Vaccination details and Microchip details.
When adopting a cat from Cat Haven your cat will be sterilised, microchipped and vaccinated.
If for any reason you can no longer care for the cat, and do not have someone who can take care of it, please return it to Cat Haven. Bonded pairs must both be returned.
To view only cats In Foster or In Shelter click on Filters and select an option.