Volunteer - Cleaning Food Bowls and Trays
Is washing up your favourite job at home? Well how would you like to spend a few hours a week washing up our kitties food and water bowls? You will even have an industrial dishwasher to help. This will help to limit the spread of disease. And for those with a real love of washing there are the lovely used litter trays (okay, maybe bring a mask for this exciting job). The cats just love getting a lovely, sparkling clean, sweet smelling litter tray.
*All Utilities & Kennels Volunteers have the option to participate in our Behaviour Enrichment program at the end of their three hour shift. Utilities & Kennels Volunteers are also able to graduate to positions within Boarding and assisting with Adoptions once they have completed three months continuous volunteering, if a position becomes available.
Volunteers who wish to assist Cat Haven on site must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be able to commit to a minimum of one, three hour shift per week (the same day each week) for a minimum of three months (excluding fundraising/event volunteers)
- You must be physically fit with the ability to lift 10kgs on a regular basis, as well as squat, bend and kneel to clean cat enclosures, move stock and transport cats in their crates
- You must be able to follow and comprehend instructions that are given to you, and be able to work without direct supervision
- You must be comfortable interacting with staff members, fellow volunteers and members of the public, providing assistance if required
- You must be able to provide at least one professional reference, and obtain a clean police clearance at a cost of $17 to you (or we can accept one that is less than six months old)
Volunteer inductions are held every three weeks.