Volunteer - Driving
How would you like to cruise the streets of Perth in one of the famous orange and white vans. You will get waves and toots from cat lovers everywhere as you drive kitties to their medical appointments, pet stores that are an External Adoption Centre (EAC) or pick up supplies. When you return to base there are kittie cuddles waiting for you.
Volunteers who wish to assist Cat Haven on site must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be able to commit to a minimum of one, three hour shift per week (the same day each week) for a minimum of three months (excluding fundraising/event volunteers)
- You must be physically fit with the ability to lift 10kgs on a regular basis, as well as squat, bend and kneel to clean cat enclosures, move stock and transport cats in their crates
- You must be able to follow and comprehend instructions that are given to you, and be able to work without direct supervision
- You must be comfortable interacting with staff members, fellow volunteers and members of the public, providing assistance if required
- You must be able to provide at least one professional reference, and obtain a clean police clearance at a cost of $17 to you (or we can accept one that is less than six months old)
Volunteer inductions are held every three weeks.