Volunteer - Retail
Our retail store on site offers a huge range of feline goodies but someone needs to stack the shelves, open the boxes as they are delivered and assist customers.
Do you have retail experience and a passion for helping customers select lots of goodies for their feline friend? Well we need you.
We also have a great online store, enabling our customers to shop from the comfort of their home, relaxing on the sofa, with kitty cuddled next to them. No need to disturb kitty let her choose what she would like from the lovely photos in the store. When the order comes in we need help packing the goodies and putting address labels on the packages ready for courier pickup. This is a job for people who love wrapping the Christmas presents, imagine the fun you will have.
Volunteers who wish to assist Cat Haven on site must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be able to commit to a minimum of one, three hour shift per week (the same day each week) for a minimum of three months (excluding fundraising/event volunteers)
- You must be physically fit with the ability to lift 10kgs on a regular basis, as well as squat, bend and kneel to clean cat enclosures, move stock and transport cats in their crates
- You must be able to follow and comprehend instructions that are given to you, and be able to work without direct supervision
- You must be comfortable interacting with staff members, fellow volunteers and members of the public, providing assistance if required
- You must be able to provide at least one professional reference, and obtain a clean police clearance at a cost of $17 to you (or we can accept one that is less than six months old)
Volunteer inductions are held every three weeks.