Volunteer - Washing Linen
Perhaps turning on the washing machine is your favourite job at home, or you find hanging out the washing is just so relaxing? Well we have a job for you. Our cats are each supplied with a lovely, snuggly, clean bed. These beds usually go to the new home with the kitty but sometimes we do need to wash the bed and this is done by volunteers with a passion for washing machines. We also have to wash the vets gowns and towels used in vet operations. Of course once washed everything needs to be hung on the washing line, ideal job in the sun.
Volunteers who wish to assist Cat Haven on site must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be able to commit to a minimum of one, three hour shift per week (the same day each week) for a minimum of three months (excluding fundraising/event volunteers)
- You must be physically fit with the ability to lift 10kgs on a regular basis, as well as squat, bend and kneel to clean cat enclosures, move stock and transport cats in their crates
- You must be able to follow and comprehend instructions that are given to you, and be able to work without direct supervision
- You must be comfortable interacting with staff members, fellow volunteers and members of the public, providing assistance if required
- You must be able to provide at least one professional reference, and obtain a clean police clearance at a cost of $17 to you (or we can accept one that is less than six months old)
Volunteer inductions are held every three weeks.