The care of homeless cats and operation of the shelter
- Cleaning and disinfecting enclosures
- Washing bowls and litter trays
- Laundry (blankets, towels, beds, toys)
- Restocking food, litter, etc for the cats
- In addition, you can also further these skills and learn how successfully rehome cats and kittens, being responsible for daily care of the cats i.e feeding, health checking, and enrichment, helping our boarding facility, provide enrichment to quarantine cats and kittens and help with special events.
Helping us run events and fundraising activities (the fun stuff)
- Cat Haven Quiz night
- Wet Nose Day
- Catmus Christmas Markets
- Gift-wrapping for Christmas
- Kitten Yoga sessions
- Felines and Fashion pop up events
- Carlisle Collective Markets
- Kitten destress sessions
- Information sessions with schools
- Media events
- Event preparation, setting up marquees, moving tables and stock
- Driving cats to our External Adoption Centres all over Perth
- Taking cats to specialist vet appointments
- Picking up donations
- Distributing stock and merchandise to vets and pet shops
- Donating containers for change
- Picking up fundraising prizes
- Collect cats from councils
- Transporting cats to external vet clinics for sterilisation and microchipping
Does your workplace allow or
encourage volunteering? We constantly need help with things onsite such as:
- Cutting laundry
- Building cat carriers
- Other tasks that we don’t have a chance to complete in a normal day here, our focus is always the cats
- If you feel you and your colleagues can help with these task, we give kitten cuddles at the end of a hard days work to say a massive thank you
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to become a Corporate Volunteer
Specialist skills or services
- Are you qualified in a field that can help Cat Haven in other ways? please specify on your volunteer application.
- Eg. Human Resources, Marketing, Media, Photography, Data Analysis, Accounting, Education, Yoga Instructors and much, much more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Volunteers who wish to assist Cat Haven on site must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be able to commit to a minimum of one, four hour shift per week (the same day each week) for a minimum of four months (excluding fundraising/event volunteers)
- You must be physically fit with the ability to lift 10kgs on a regular basis, as well as squat, bend and kneel to clean cat enclosures, move stock and transport cats in their crates
- You must be able to follow and comprehend instructions that are given to you, and be able to work independently
- You must be comfortable interacting with staff members, fellow volunteers and members of the public, providing assistance if required
- You must be able to provide at least one professional reference, and obtain a clean police clearance at a cost of $17 to you (or we can accept one that is less than six months old)
Volunteer information sessions are held regularly, we will be in touch with available dates for you to choose from.
I'm under 18 - how can I help?
There are still lots of other ways you can help our Cat Haven cats, such as, raising money for Cat Haven by baking and selling cakes, collecting containers for change from school and the local community, collecting donations of towels and blankets, food, litter, toys etc and also even having a go at making your own cat enrichment toys to give out to the cats here on site.