Volunteer with Cat Haven
Welcome! Volunteers are an essential part of the team here at Cat Haven. Volunteering is a great way to learn about cats and their behaviour, meet like-minded people, and give back to your community! Volunteers assist in the following areas:
OnsiteUtilities & Kennels*
- Cleaning food bowls and litter trays
- Washing, hanging out, cutting up and folding linen
- Cleaning cat and kitten enclosures
*All Utilities & Kennels Volunteers have the option to participate in our Behaviour Enrichment program at the end of their three hour shift. Utilities & Kennels Volunteers are also able to graduate to positions within Boarding and assisting with Adoptions once they have completed three months continuous volunteering, if a position becomes available.
- Greeting and directing customers
- Stocking shelves
- Putting together retail stock, for example scratchy posts or cat carriers
OffsiteFundraising & Events
- Assist with fundraising events throughout the year, including quiz nights, street appeals, movie nights, gift wrapping and more!
- Transport – Assist Cat Haven to get cats and kittens to their appointments at Vet Clinics around Perth using the Cat Haven van (a clean manual license is essential for this position)
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be able to commit to a minimum of one, three hour shift per week (the same day each week) for a minimum of three months (excluding fundraising/event volunteers)
- You must be physically fit with the ability to lift 10kgs on a regular basis, as well as squat, bend and kneel to clean cat enclosures, move stock and transport cats in their crates
- You must be able to follow and comprehend instructions that are given to you, and be able to work without direct supervision
- You must be comfortable interacting with staff members, fellow volunteers and members of the public, providing assistance if required
- You must be able to provide at least one professional reference, and obtain a clean police clearance at a cost of $16.40 to you (or we can accept one that is less than six months old)
Volunteer inductions are held on a quarterly basis. Download our Volunteering Brochure here.
If you are interested in applying, please click here to email@example.com the Volunteer Coordinator.